CLIP: Chip -- Modification?

     I havn't waded thru the entire stream of CypherPunks mail yet... but I
thought I'd make a suggestion.

If the clipper chip DOES in fact become widespread, in telephones, modems,
whatever.. why don't we make an alternative chip [say.. based off the IDEA
cypher and PGP keys] that uses the same pinouts as the Clipper chip.  We, on
the list, have been waiting for devices with the capability for encryption..
and it sounds as if ATT will be making it easier for us!  Of course there
might be some legal conflict with modifiying the devices.. and I think
that's where our battle begins.

| DrZaphod                   | Stop, or I'll Encrypt!                 |
| [AC/DC] / [DnA][HP]        | Xcitement is Technology and Creativity |
| [[email protected]]   | [Mind Police Censored]                 |
DrZaphod
[AC/DC] / [DnA][HP]
[[email protected]]
Technicolorized