Re: New Algorithm...

"Haywood J. Blowme" says:
[Lots about some J. Random Companies encryption chip]

All fine and well, but since we have IDEA already, why should we want
it? For virtually all applicatons these days other than fully
encrypting network traffic, software is fine. DES implementations in
software can handle 1.5 Mbit/s on reasonable machines. Beyond that, if
we need hardware, why not use one of the currently publically known
algorithms like DES or IDEA, or a combination of them? Why use some
other companies algorithm?

Perry