tapping method unmentioned

	In all the articles that I've seen posted, and in the grumbling done
about the advancement of government regulated cryptography, I haven't seen much
mentioned on *how* the government would go about collecting a certain exchange.

	Pardon me if I'm missing something key here, but wasn't there some
bill circulating in the legislature that proposed that phone co's build
tappability into the newer non-copper phone system?  Is the phone co's
cooperation on this issue part of a bargain to exclude such capability from the
system (yeah, right) or is the government focusing on this issue now because it
has already accomplished what it wants in other areas of privacy (read: tapping)

~