Re: DC meeting

[Note: in the interests of hitting everyone interested, this message might be
duplicated for several of you. Please accept my apologies in advance --Strat]

> Subject: DC meeting
> Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 16:20:50 EDT
> From: [email protected] (Darren/Torin/Who ever...)
>
> This is to announce a DC area cypherpunks meeting on Monday 26 April at
> 1800 (or so) until whenever at my office.  Call me or write me for info
> on how to get here...

A couple of things:

- I was reading mail to post my announcement, when I read yours :-)

- I'm more than willing to defer to the majority, though I think there's
something to be said for networking the meetings, especially if we have good
tools. I've also already received a great deal of response to the idea of a
Saturday meeting, even from out-of-towners. To that end, I'm going to post an
announcement for a Saturday meeting, and see what happens. Several of us have
been planning it for a couple of days now, so don't take it personally or
anything.

- Paul Ferguson and a couple of others and I have been cobbling together a
list of people we thought would be interested in meeting in the DC area, so
as to do preliminary planning without polluting Cypherpunks too much. I can
see that there are more DC area people than I had originally envisioned,
which makes me happy. Sorry if we missed you originally.

- Eric and I have discussed the idea of audio teleconferencing the various
meetings, either via the Internet or by phone. I've got both a Sun IPC
equipped to do the former, and a Western Electric conference telephone (and 6-
way on my switch) for the latter.

Well readers, which do you prefer?

--Strat

Help stop the wiretap chip! (a.k.a "Clipper")
RIPEM and PGP keys available on request.