Re: CLIP: Legal Aspects

George Gleason writes:
>Clinton has expressed a commitment to civil rights causes, so I don't worryu
>about his administration pullling another WAtergate or COINTELPRO, but if we
>ever got another bunch of zealous authoritarians in there...!

Pardon a perhaps clueless question from a foreigner, but how much control
does the US president actually have over a potential bunch of zealous
authoritarians elsewhere in the administration, especially in super-secret
places like the NSA?  How much control is it even possible for one person
to hold?

Richard Kennaway                  \ _/__    School of Information Systems
Internet:  [email protected]       \X  /    University of East Anglia
uucp:  ...mcsun!ukc!uea-sys!jrk      \/     Norwich NR4 7TJ, U.K.