Re: MEETING SUMMARY: 4-24-93 Cypherpunks Meeting

In message <[email protected]> Timothy May
writes (text elided for brevity):

> * The issue of the name of our group, the Cypherpunks name, was not
> discussed. The U.K. group has apparently picked "U.K. Cryptoprivacy Group"
> as their name.

Actually, *I* unilaterally changed it.  The climate is different
here in England.  "UK Cryptoprivacy Association" works;
"Cypherpunks" requires time-consuming explanation.  Of course, I
_like_ the latter term... ;-)

In any event, it looks to be our largest meeting.  I'll post a
Tim May-style summary after the meeting.

Russell Whitaker

Russell Earl Whitaker                   [email protected]
Communications Editor                                 AMiX: RWhitaker
EXTROPY: The Journal of Transhumanist Thought
Board member, Extropy Institute (ExI)
================ PGP 2.2 public key available =======================