Cypherpunks + PKP = Love

(Warning: I am EXTREMELY frustrated having waited over TWELVE HOURS for my
messages on this topic to appear; after some presumed glitch caused my
Compuserve message to get lost I re-sent it THREE HOURS ago from a DIRECT
INTERNET CONNECTED system and I still haven't seen it.)

To the suggestion that Jim Bidzos was just doing what he had to do in
sending that threatening letter to Stanton McCandlish who was giving away
PGP:

It's too bad that McCandlish isn't in the Bay area.  Then he could have been
at the Cypherpunks meeting last weekend and Bidzos could have served papers
on him right then and there.  That would have saved Bidzos the cost of a
postage stamp.  Perhaps such legal actions can be a feature of future
meetings.

Shocking?  What Bidzos did was the electronic equivalent of what I've just
described.  If you're willing to countenance his actions then you should be
just as willing to accept and abet crackdowns on unapproved, unauthorized
cryptography.  Just make sure you go into this with your eyes open.

Hal