PGP on soda.berkeley.edu

The fact that PGP is available on the Cypherpunks FTP site,
soda.berkely.edu, was publicized in sci.crypt last week (among other places
and times).

Eric said that the Cypherpunks FTP site has become among the top FTP access
points in the world.

When Stanton McCandlish posted on sci.crypt that he had PGP available on his
system, he quickly received threats from Jim Bidzos demanding that he remove
it.

It follows, doesn't it, that Jim Bidzos would be forced to apply similar
legal pressure to the Cypherpunks leadership to get them to remove PGP from
their site, a site which may be one of the leaders worldwide in distributing
PGP.

Now we see Tim suggesting (in the spirit of "pancritical rationalism"?  I'm
not so sure...) that we move away from PGP, and Eric offering arguments
showing why Bidzos has to do what he is doing.

Is there a connection?  Are Tim and Eric under pressure from Bidzos to get
PGP off their site?  I don't know, but they would certainly be likely
targets for Bidzos' efforts, and so it is understandable that they may be
feeling personal discomfort.  But I'd like to hear more about the
relationship with Bidzos.

Hal