Re: OUTDIAL SERVICE

I don't know if this is consistant with what everyone here is talking about in
regards to "outdialing serivce," but some time ago I heard about a 900 number
that a person could call, that would redirect their call so as to avoid being
traced, etc.  Oddly enough, I think they advertised that all the calls are
logged and kept in some vault in another state.  I may be confusing something
here though.  (As if this is the case, they've probably gone out of buisness.)

----
[email protected]
                 ----

Yeah, I've heard of the system too.
They claim they wont let their info out without a court order.
I feel that there are a good deal of legal problems with this.
It wont take much to get a court order and the ONLY reason worth
the 2 bucks or whatever they want to add to what would otherwise
be a local call (for caller ID evasion anyhow) would be to avoid
legal action of one type or another.  I suspect that the calls that
go through this system are monitored occasionally too.