Re: CALLER ID?

Years ago, when I crossed the country with a regular cell-phone, I tried
calling another ANI demo at points along the way.  The result was just
the same, in a couple different calling areas: the demo always read back
some strange number with the area code of the place I was in.

I figured it must just go out of some line at the cell-site like a regular
phone call.  I never tried calling the number that was read back though.

james speth       email for pgp compatible public-key        [email protected]
               Have you ever had your phones tapped by the government?  YOU WILL
                              and the company that'll bring it to you...  AT&T