hello, all

I've just joined the list.  I did so because I'm mad as hell about the Clipper
proposal (some of you may have seen my incendiary post to RISKS on the topic).

Some of you know me.  Others have probably seen my work, which includes (among
much else) major packages in Emacs 19, a moderately popular netnews suite, the
/dev/speaker driver for PC-clones, and editing the Jargon File.

I want to know what I can do to help block the Feds from `surveilling'
everybody and to spread crypto-anarchy.  I'm not up to speed on technical
cryptography yet (though I know a lot about the pre-computer kind, Vigenere
ciphers and such) but I'm chasing references and hope to be soon.

There may be other ways I can contribute.  Besides being a skilled hacker, I'm
also good with English.  I have a lot of experience at maintaining successful
FAQs (I'm handling six now, including the monthly three-part buyer's guide for
ISA UNIX software and hardware).  If the cypherpunks FAQ is still in
preparation, I can probably be of substantial help with it.
--
					Eric S. Raymond <[email protected]>