Questionable instances?

On Wed, 26 May 93 2:18:52 CDT,
 Peter Meyer <uunet!cactus.org!wixer!wixer.bga.com!meyer> wrote -

> My previous message to cypherpunks, the one which had
> subject heading "AT&T" and which began:
> "I recently switched my long distance carrier from AT&T to another,
> since they bribed me to do so with an offer of $35."
> seemed to be posted OK (it apparently came back to me as expected)
> but I also got this funny bounce message:

>From [email protected]  Tue May 25 23:37:59 1993

[ remainder of header deleted ]

> This seems odd.  What's going on?  Do all messages with "AT&T" in the
> subject line get siphoned off somewhere for review?  Did this one
> generate a bounce message because the account of Bryan Petty, AT&T spy,
> wasn't receiving tonight?  OK, I'm just paranoid.  (Paranoia - that's
> your state of mind when you finally realize what's really going on.)

At least I'm not the only one who has recently noticed this. I had to
do a double take when I received not only my original post on UUNet
questions from [email protected], but I received a second
copy with this header: