Re: Selling Tapes ?

	 > Rick Adams of UUNET confirmed on the com-priv list that his
	 > organization had been selling the FBI a usenet feed on tape.  I coul
	 > find the exact reference if you want.  I don't know for sure that th
	 > NSA has a feed, or from whom, but it wouldn't surprise me.

	 Seems like the low tech way of doing it.

	 Both organizations have machines on the Internet right now.  FBI is ho
	oked in
	 via ALTERNet, and the NSA (NCSC) is on the MILnet.

	 % traceroute ard.fbi.gov
	 % traceroute tycho.ncsc.mil
	 (and see what happens)

This incident goes back quite a while, to the days when uucp was the
normal (and almost the only) way of getting netnews.