Re: Term software development/design

> All of these ideas (on new term programs for grabbing news, and for
> getting PGP sigs from scrollback, etc etc) are all very interesting and
> worthy of more work.  However, I think the BEST way to do this, is to
> convince Mustang Software (or whoever) to add hooks for PGP or other
> encryption packages, and then the rest should soon follow. Most users
> WILL NOT quit using QModem (or whatever) for a new term program that has
> nothing special but crypto.  BUT if you can get crypto into the popular
> packages, then lots of users WILL use it since well it's THERE, and easy
> to get to and they don't have to switch software.

Actually, I've implimented much of this in telix, using it's (C-like) script
language.  From the command line, I can type in the name of a batch file.  That
batch file starts telix, logs me in, sends any mail I have created/encrypted on
my machine, and downloads all my new mail, to be read from another batch file.
My mail reader batch file uses pgp to read my mail and presents a nice message
selection menu, too.  Totally transparent, and automated.  I'm quite prowd of
it.  The only thing to do is clean it up a bit, and impliment reply-quoting.
That should be done by the end of the week.  If any one is interested in what
I have.....ask me.

BTW, I have had a few bug reports on my pgp menu batch file for 4dos.  I will
also have it fixed by the end of the week and will release it next week.

| J. Michael Diehl ;-)  | I thought I was wrong once. | PGP KEY |
| [email protected] |   But, I was mistaken.      |available|
| [email protected]   |                             | Ask Me! |
+------"I'm just looking for the opportunity to be -------------+
|            Politically Incorrect!"   <Me>                     |
+-----If codes are outlawed, only criminals wil have codes.-----+
+----Is Big Brother in your phone?  If you don't know, ask me---+