Re: WH email petition.

According to David Mandl:
> In general, I agree that petitions are a major waste of time and energy;
> I'm also pretty convinced that this White House email link is a big scam.
> Why are they any more likely to take your mail seriously just because it
> comes over the phone lines and not in an envelope?  Seems like a pretty

I don't, but as you mention below, it takes so little time, I thought we could
get people involved who may not otherwise give a damn.  "It's so easy, just
send a quick letter, it will really help us out."   Or something like that.

> transparent PR ploy (also an attempt to make it seem like the White House
> isn't a bunch of dinosaurs now that everybody and her nephew has an email
> address).

Well, we all know that! ;^)

> But since it won't take much more than a couple of minutes of any of our
> time, I can't see an electronic petition hurting our cause any--especially
> because it'll certainly include the names of many esteemed professionals
> and braniacs with fancy scientific, corporate, and academic credentials.
> I think this could be a nice propaganda coup if it got publicised.

How about each time we manage to get someone to send a letter to the WH, we also
request that they send it to one of us, so that we can keep track of it?  Is
this doable accross the many networks?

> It could at the very least give a big black eye to the forces of evil.

'Hope so.

| J. Michael Diehl ;-)  | I thought I was wrong once. | PGP KEY |
| [email protected] |   But, I was mistaken.      |available|
| [email protected]   |                             | Ask Me! |
+------"I'm just looking for the opportunity to be -------------+
|            Politically Incorrect!"   <Me>                     |
+-----If codes are outlawed, only criminals wil have codes.-----+
+----Is Big Brother in your phone?  If you don't know, ask me---+