Re: My Poll....

Responding to J. Michael Diehl's post ...

> Well, I finally got to look at the responses to my poll.  FYI, I got 33 replies.
> This is a small number considering there are (I think) 400+ people on this list.
> I didn't take the time to actually tally the results for each question.  I'm
> inherently lazy... ;^)  I can make some comments about what we use, tho.  Note
> that the lists are in no particular order.  Since this was certainly not a
> scientific poll, I opted to not include any statistics, sorry.  I was kinda
> hoping to have a more homogeneous environment than what we have.  Kinda naive,
> huh?  Well, this is what I have to say after reading each of your replies.  I
> would like to thank everyone who participated in my informal poll.  I hope the
> results are usefull to any software-developer-cypherpunks out there.

{ The rest of the post (documenting results) deleted. }

I'm sorry that I didn't answer your poll. However, if I had a little bit more time I
would have answered it. Unfortunately, this mailing list is so expansive (and my time
is so limited) that I only read my mail about once a week. So I became aware of the
poll's closing date (last Thursday, 3/6) the next day (i.e., 4/6). Please give a
little more time in future. It was a GREAT idea. Thanks for doing it.

Cheers,
	Peter.

P.S. In case you're still interested in accumulating results, I respond to email on
Sony News-OS V. 4.3 (analogous to Berkeley 4.1). I also use a lot of MS-DOS PCs
(mostly on the Elec. Eng. Novell network, although I might be acquiring a 486 pretty
soon). As for PGP, ... well I OFFICIALLY don't have a copy, being not a resident of
North America :-) ...

> +-----------------------+-----------------------------+---------+
> | J. Michael Diehl ;-)  | I thought I was wrong once. | PGP KEY |
> | [email protected] |   But, I was mistaken.      |available|
> | [email protected]   |                             | Ask Me! |
> | (505) 299-2282        +-----------------------------+---------+
> +------"I'm just looking for the opportunity to be -------------+
> |            Politically Incorrect!"   <Me>                     |
> +-----If codes are outlawed, only criminals wil have codes.-----+
> +----Is Big Brother in your phone?  If you don't know, ask me---+

Peter Murphy - Department of Electrical Engineering,
University of Queensland: [email protected]  .
"Contrary to popular belief, the wings of demons are
the same as the wings of angels, although they're
often better groomed." - Terry Pratchett.