REMAIL: X-TTL functional

     I should know by now that whenever I get an idea and send it to the
list it ends up getting lots of addons and changes from other list members.
So....  I added an X-TTL field to the header.  It reads it, decrements it,
and writes it.  If it's in the message received, it will be decremented and
passed on.  If it isn't in the message, it will be set to one then later
decremented (last stop).  If it should be zero when it arrives, it will be
swallowed up.  Messages that get sent will have a header field of X-TTL with
a value of zero or greater.

     Note that it shows up as X-Ttl in ELM, but doesn't matter in the
software because it converts everything to lowercase then checks it
against its keyword list.  The X-TTL field can be either in the main
header or in the pasted "::" header block.  I suppose that if the TTL
is greater than zero when it goes to send, the remailer should throw
in another remailer's name at random and make up its own "::" header
block, but that is for later...

Chael

--
Chael Hall
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]