"RSA sells out" hue and cry

Re "source" requirements for Clipper: See my last email to you. ATT,
Motorola, etc. are licensed to use RSA and Diffie-Hellman.  They are free
to use those techniques to manage Clipper keys, as long as they
pay their royalties for those techniques, without any contact with us.
Or perhaps, when we lciensed them back in the mid and late 80's, we
should have limited the use of public key to key management of "future
algorithms we approve of?"

Draw your own conclusions.  I sure will.

--
Stanton  McCandlish   * Space Migration * Networking * ChaOrder * NO GOV'T. *
[email protected]   * Intelligence Increase * Nano * Crypto * NO RELIGION *