Contempt of court

>>>Note that a court could cite you for contempt for not complying
>>>with a subpoena duces tecum (a subpoena requiring you to produce objects
>>>or documents) if you fail to turn over subpoenaed backups.

Assume that your application is running (mirrored) on five machines in
five different jurisdictions and the machines will lock out one or more
of their number if they receive a panic code, or one goes offline
unexpectedly, or is not accessed in exactly the right way, you could
easily respond to a subpoena duces tecum by stating truthfully that the
requested records are not (or are no longer) under your control.

The machines themselves can also be protected by careful choice of
location and judicious use of remailers and requirements that they only
be accessed by telenetting, etc.

Besides what's the big deal about contempt of court.  If you are worried
about doing 2 years or less, locate yourself in another jurisdiction.
No need to expose your body to high risk legal regimes.

Duncan Frissell

"But your Honor, I'm desperately trying to *conceal* my contempt for
this court."