PGP 2.3

Help!!

I don't have Usenet access, so I can't post this on the
pgp newsgroup, and this is the only other place I know of
to ask this...

I just got pgp23.zip and pgp23src.zip from soda, and I
can't make it give valid signatures with the -a option
(well, actually the Armor=on line in the config.txt
file)!  It will work correctly if Armor=off, and if the
file is also encrypted, but a straight signature with
ascii armor appended to the message doesn't work.  Even
pgp22 gives me an invalid signature "doesn't match
contents" message!

Has anyone else had this problem with 2.3?  I've even re-
compiled with Borland C++ 3.1, and get the same problem.

sean