Re: Blasting Bidzos Blather

> NIST had no choice

Pure bull puckey.

First, they could have let DSA die. The commercial sector, particularly
banks, would have come up with alternatives we could trust.

Second, they could do what competent engineers have done for many
decades: designed around inconvenient patents.

Third, if they knew they weren't up to it, they could have asked for
public help in that design.

Fourth, they could have challenged PKP's patents on their merits.

Fifth, they could have worked to get those patents declared void in the
public interest. I personally don't support this one until PKP is shown
to be primarily government controlled.

They did none of these things. Why?

Doug