Re: Triggerfish

On-the-air interception *is* too labor intensive, relatively speaking, given
that a cellular call originating or terminating at a given switch can pass
through a number of individual cells, each of which would need to be
monitored.  However, that does not negate the potential usefulness of on-air
interception as an *intelligence-gathering* tool from which the results can
be fed into the process of getting a warrant to tap at the switch.

The problem of maintaining privacy can be and in fact *is* effectively
solved though.  A couple of companies are making cellular to 2500-set
adapters which basically allow any regular single-line device to be plugged
in and transmit via cellular.  This obviously includes standard modems, plus
or minus the problems associated with variable transmission quality over the
airwaves.  So any regular cryptosystem that can work on analog lines should
be applicable here.  If anyone out there is further interested in these
cellular-to-single-line-device adaptors, email me and I can get prices and
specifications.

-gg