mailers not liking + in the address

There is, of course, a way around this if you have telnet... telnet to
port 25 on charcoal.com, or to somewhere else if you can't reach there,
and enter your message as per RFC-821, SMTP.
Directions for the lazy:
once you get an acknowledgement from the remote computer, type
helo apsicc.aps.edu
(or whatever your computer is called)
It should greet you or hang up.
So if it didn't hang up, type
mail from: <your name here>
DON'T FORGET THE ANGLE BRACKETS!
Then, type
rcpt to: <[email protected]>
if you connected to charcoal directly, or
rcpt to: <@somecomputer.com:[email protected]>
where somecomputer.com is where you are connected to.
(It is possible this is wrong and @somecomputer.com either: a) is not necessary
or b) should appear in the mail from: line.  Try it.)
Then, type
data
and type in the From:, To: Subject:, Date:, Message-ID:, and so on fields.
Send yourself a message to find out how it should look.  Make the Message-ID
something that will not be replicated by the computer you are on.
Follow this with a blank line, and type the body of your message.
Double any periods appearing alone on lines.
End your message with a period alone on a line.
Then type
quit
to close the connection.
(BTW: this provides a certain amount of anonymity without need for a remailer,
but it is then possible to detect which computer you are mailing from.  I sent
the anonymous message about people not doing something if you make it hard
enough by this method, as a demo, but I kind of botched it.  The message
arrived, but it did not look right.)

Kragen, SMTP wizard
(NOT!)
hee hee