Re: xor data hiding?

According to Perry E. Metzger:
> J. Michael Diehl <[email protected]> says:
> > According to Douglas Sinclair:
> > The point wasn't to be unbreakably secure; it was to be UNFINDABLY
> > secure.  We convolute an allready encrypted message to the point of
> > not being recognizable as cyphertext, then we hide it on the end of
> > a file.  We want it to look like garbage.
>
> Cyphertext from any decent system ALREADY looks random. Whats the
> point of doing more to it?

Many encryption tools such as ripem, pgp, and dolphin can recognize their own
output...which indicates that there is a footprint to that particular
implimentation.

| J. Michael Diehl ;-)  | I thought I was wrong once. | PGP KEY |
| [email protected] |   But, I was mistaken.      |available|
| [email protected]   |                             | Ask Me! |
+------"I'm just looking for the opportunity to be -------------+
|            Politically Incorrect!"   <Me>                     |
+-----If codes are outlawed, only criminals wil have codes.-----+
+----Is Big Brother in your phone?  If you don't know, ask me---+