Re: Diffie-Hellman Weakness Weakness

[email protected] says:
>   If you compare the digital interceptor, to the voice interceptor,
> fairly, you will see they are in equally strong positions.
>
>   When I am phoneing a person I know, I am automatically checking the
> `signature' of their voice.  The other party on the line might be able
> to convince me they have a cold, but I hope I will have enough wisdom
> to postpone discussing the March 15th assassination plot untill the
> cold clears up.

What if you are using a cheap vocoder because you don't have lots of
available CPU? With cheap vocoders, voices are not easily recognized.

What if you are using data and not voice?

DH key exchange is great -- if you are willing to do something to
actively authenticate the other end. Several protocols to do this have
been developed. Personally, I would not recommend doing without them
just on the basis that "I can recognise Fred's voice".

Perry