Re: AP Story

> > He should've used PGP!
>
> since they had his computer, they had his PUBKEY and SECKEY files...
> and more than likely his pass phrase in simple encryption somewhere in
> his files...(fairly easy to break simple encryptions...like CRYPT
> command on unix...)
>
> Don't you think?

I apologize if this appears twice; I sent out a reply late last night
but it hasn't shown up yet.  And I can't remember if I sent it to the
list or to the author...

Okay, it would be incredible oversight on his part to "simple encrypt"
his passphrase and leave it on his computer!  It would be even worse
if he put his passphrase in config.txt.

But, he could have used "pgp -c" and IDEA encrypted his files, thus
rendering pubring.pgp and secring.pgp useless information.

So, he shouldn've used PGP!

| Karl L. Barrus                    |
| [email protected]             | <- preferred address
| [email protected] (NeXTMail) |