From: [email protected] (Peter Kaplan -Yodh)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy
Subject: ALERT.  New law on FBI and Credit Records
Date: 17 Jul 93 16:42:33 GMT
Sender: [email protected]

On page 7 of today's New York Times (_Saturday_, July 17) there is
a short article about the nation's inflated intelligence budget.

Buried in the article are two paragraphs describing another section of
the intelligence funding bill.  Tacked onto the bill is a provision to
allow the FBI to access the credit records of suspected "spies and
terrorists" by writing a letter rather than getting a search warrant
or other court order.

Your credit card bills and mortgage payments are rapidly becoming
police information.

- - --Peter ([email protected])