Re: Encrypted data across international lines

> The FCC prohibits the use of codes in amateur radio transmissions, and
> violations are sufficient to revoke the license. This is enforced by

Well, yes and no.  The FCC prohibits the use or codes, ciphers, or anything
else whose primary purpose is to obscure the meaning of the message.  On
the other hand, compression, since its primary purpose is not to obscure,
is OK.  But it sure makes it hard for the average Joe Blow ham to read my
packet traffic.  Not that I have anything to hide, but doubling my throughput
on a 1200 baud half-duplex session is sort of important to me. :)
--
Ed Carp				[email protected]			510/659-9560
"Disagreements are not meant to be challenges.  They are just a different