FAX on Internet

Here's some information on using the Internet to fax messages. This
gives me a lot of ideas. First, there was some talk here about
encrypting FAXes. Since somebody is already getting the data on the
internet, this would be trivial for someone to do here with PGP.
Secondly, I don't know if they are using mail or FTP to transmit, but
if they converted it to mail we could have `anonymous faxes' by
coupling with the cypherpunk remailers (then to a receiver site that
supports the FAX service via email reception). Finally, it seems to me
that this is the first glimmer of a very massive new market opening up.
Maybe the first entrepreneurs in cyberspace will be developing this
service.  Digital cash will be extremely useful here.

So far, no one has told them `no' (`is this legal?' he asks) but I'm
sure there's a lot of people that will be mighty upset by all this
stellar progress!  The problem with services like these is that once
they become wildly successful and popular the weasels whine and clamp
down.  Note the developers are also behind the Internet Radio.

Boy, when a universal network is built where commercial activity is not
considered some kind of shady taboo, our economy is going to just GO
CRAZY and EXPLODE. I'd like to set up a hypertext library with modest
transaction charges, and will do so once the opportunity is there (BTW,
also heard that Brewster Kahle, major mastermind between WAIS, has
formed his own company and is now marketing workstation `electronic
printing presses'.) All the elements are there. We're all dressed up
and ready to go, with no way to get there! Somebody go and kick your
legislator, and phone and cable company reps!