Re: more on FBI credit search access

Sheri is unfortunally mistaken on this issue. There is a pending legislative
initiative to allow for easier access to credit records using a national
security letter, instead of a warrant. It was approved by the Senate
Intelligence Committee last week. This is different from HR175, the
initiative to allow for easier access to toll records that the house
approved a few months ago.

 The ACLU, CPSR, PIRG and the US Privacy Council wrote a letter to Sen.
Deconcini opposing the provision last week that I will send up tomorrow
along with the text of the bill, if I can find it in time.

Dave