Re: Macpgp 2.2

Tom thus said,

>I just fetched macpgp 2.3 from soda, and wound up with a file ending in
>the suffix "gz". This is a new one on me, and I don't know how to decode
>it. Can anybody inform me? Inside whatever it is is a binhexed compactor
>file, and I can deal with those formats, but the outside wrapper defies
>every decompressing utility I've got.

This is GNU's zip compression utility. I am not sure if a port to the mac
has been made, but the source code is available. However, I have the prog
available here at aql.gatech.edu /pub/cypherpunks/pgp/binaries in cpt.hqx
format. The source code for gzip is also available in /pub.

Hope this helps.

Paul
--
R  O    All Comments Copyright by  | Technofetisht
 A  N     Paul S. Goggin (1993)    | Cypher, Cyber, Chaos