Re: Cliphack?

John Gilmore writes:

> Tim was calling it Clipjack, but I think Cliphack is better.
>
> 	John

Yes, there's a lot of resonance in the names "skipjack," "clipjack,"
"cliphack,". "hijack," etc.

If t-shirt slogans are still of interest (they will be someday...),
how about:

"Skipjack hijacks our privacy."

or

"Has your privacy been hijacked by Skipjack?"

Of course, just as the "Clipper" puns and jokes were gathering steam,
the Feds went and changed the name on us, so it may happen again.

By the way, I think I was about the 2nd or 3rd person in sci.crypt to
comment on the Clipper announcenment, and it was immediately obvious
to me that "Clipper" as a name was in serious trouble. I wrote: "By
the way, the "Clipper" name...isn't this already used for the
Clipper processor from Intergraph? I doubt they're the ones making the
chip, so a name conflict may be present."

If it took me approximately 19.2 seconds to realize a name problem
existed, how come the boys in Washington worked so long on this clever
little name and then said "Duh...we didn't know."?

Methinks they're as stupid as we make them out to be.

-Tim

[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
Higher Power: 2^756839 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
Note: I put time and money into writing this posting. I hope you enjoy it.