Re: Secure voice software issues

This was discussed a while back in the context of secure voice
hardware, but I don't remember whether anyone had been able to get
real-time CELP performance with any particular implementation.

I do know that ZyXEL's modems are able to do real-time CELP using a
68000 processor. The low-end models can do CELP encoding at 9600 baud,
and the faster ones do better-quality encoding (ACELP, I think they
call it) at 19200 baud.

The Mac OS also includes Apple's sound compression routines, which
aren't CELP (i.e. they're not optimized for voice) but allegedly can
do real-time compression.

-Paul

--
Paul Robichaux, KD4JZG     | "Crypto-anarchy means never having to say
[email protected]          |  you're sorry." - Tim May ([email protected])