neural nets

Speaking of neural nets and image recognition, my former employers
landed a contract with "various law enforcement agencies" although
the project manager I spoke to said primarily the FBI and CIA - to
develop neural network hardware and software to do face recognition,
to be used to identify criminals at the airports.

Indeed, I recall being photographed twice when I hired on - normal
lighting for my regular id, and low lighting.  At the time, I
wondered why but didn't think anything of it.  The project manager
said they were amassing a database of pictures to use as training
sets.

Pretty interesting...