Re: AT&T Home Security Plus

Re Doug's response to my item on this topic: please don't get the idea that
I thought AT&T were going after *me* for any reason, or trying to trap
hackers deliberately, or anything like that.  I may be dumb but I'm not one
of those raving paranoids who assumes that everything that happens means
someone is out to get me....!

Nor did I mean to suggest that AT&T would actually have a backdoor in their
home security systems.  I was using that point as a cynical joke with the
dude who called me.  It was *not* intended to be serious.  It *was* intended
to make a sarcastic poke at Clipper.

Cross-list directories: having served as a key witness against a very deadly
local stalker here, I have taken great pains to let PacBell know that my
service address is not to be released in any form for any reason; I've gone
over this with service reps every single year at directory-compiling season.
 What I would really like to do is force the issue legally, i.e. serve them
with some kind of court order or something, which would bar them from
releasing that information.  Anyway, enough for now...

-gg