Re: Crypto Greetings from Russia

> > We proposed to make the common standard for Russia and USA. This
> > proposition was supported by the Information Technologies Department
> > of the Russia State Committee of Standards. We've sent this proposal
> > to the presidential team of the US President Mr. W. Clinton in Jan
> > 1993.
>
> What an opportunity! We Cypherpunks should establish a link with LAN Crypto
> asap.

Whooaa! Slow....

Please remember that the former SU is full of "companies" that claim to be
*the* whatever national initiative of Russia. Mostly they are just a couple
of former research scientists with a Grand Plan, and usually they have no clue
as to how to make it fly. They just think that with the new market echonomy,
simply forming a company and having some Big Words will make them filty rich
automatically...

I know there are exceptions. But.. Beware.

	Julf