Re: REMAIL: pasting

[email protected] (Eric Hughes) said:
>Yet RFC-822 is followed as much in the breach as in the observance.

Not only that, but it is woefully shortsighted. For instance, when
I reply to messages from email lists, sometimes I want to reply to
the list, and sometimes to the originator. The variations in
RFC-822 *compliant* email list headers are staggering; I have yet
to see any mail software that understands the variety of syntactically-
parseable signals that show that something is from a list, and allows
me to easily reply to either the list or the sender.

This is a technically trivial wish. It could be done, at least to the
95% mark, even as things stand. But NOOOOOoooo. :-)

Similar comments apply to saving things interactively. I'm about to
try procmail for non-interactive uses, but I still haven't seen a mailer
that lets me say e.g. "(save (from cypherpunks | to cypherpunks |
cc cypherpunks | Bcc cypherpunks | "From " cypherpunks) > savefile) & delete

Maybe I'm just email-challenged. Suggestions?
	Doug