REMAIL: pasting

>Yeah. I am amazed that people don't get it right. My server sends out
>messages looking like this:

>	   From: [email protected]
>	   Sender: [email protected]

>And there are _lots_ of systems out there that send te reply to
>"[email protected]"! Elm and VMSMail are the most obvious ones.

Even worse, there are mailers that respond to the out-of-band sender
information that appears in the first line (not in the header!) as the
"From " information.

Bounce message (almost) always go back to the out-of-band sender, so
we changed the cypherpunks list alias on toad.com to generate that as
the out-of-band sender.  Now bounce message return to a different
mailbox and my inbox at toad.com is clear for regular list
maintenance.

Nonetheless, I still get a number of attempted posts to the mailing
list at large _and_ requests for list maintenance (?!) to the
owner-cypherpunks alias.

If only mail software were consistent, ...

Eric