Re: WACO: FBI & BATF used *flamethrower*?!

On Mon, 13 Sep 1993 [email protected] wrote:

> edited, from alt.activism
>
> ===
>
> This editorial was in the Arizona of 8/22. It was written by
> William P. Cheshire, Senior Editorial Columnist.

Oddly enough, this distribution, then, violates Mr. Cheshire's copyright.
'Spose that's one reason the author used the anonymous service.
Unfortunately, not too many people think that protecting the rights of
someone who created original written work is unreasonable government
intrusion. I think even the FF's believed in intellectual property rights.

> LOOKING BEYOND THE WACO SMOKE
>    An anonymous tipster sent me a videotape the other day
> describing in startling detail the government's shootout, siege
> and ultimate destruction - possibly deliberate - of the Branch
> Davidian compound outside Waco, Texas.

etc. etc., lots of "our gubment was doing something Wrong".

Can someone tell me, please, what the HELL this has to do with
cryptography, privacy, digital signatures, digital cash, or ANYTHING
except a particular political discussion? BLOODY NOTHING, that's what. If
I wanted to receive messages about police and military ethics (or idiocy),
I'd subscribe to a bazillion newsgroups like alt.talk.politics,
alt.conspiracy, etc. NOT THIS ONE!

Suppose that's another reason the poster used the anonymous server.

Like I said, folks, topics exist for a reason. This post was so far off
the mark as to be obvious even to the most dyslexic Prozac-addict in
southern California. PLEASE don't clutter up newsgroups with stuff that
don't belong. Note that it was grabbed from alt.activism -- where it DOES
belong ... and should have stayed.

(NOTE: can anyone else think of a GOOD reason for it to have been anon'd? ;-)

Makes you wish for an anon service that detects bull-headedness and blind
idealism -- and nukes it.

Andrew