Re: Propriety of crypto on Mu

Duncan Frissell <[email protected]> writes:
> Note that in a number of "regulatory" first amendment cases, the appeals
> courts decided in favor of the government while the Supremes voted
> unanimously in favor of freedom of communication.  Sometimes you have to
> make it up the ladder.

Pardon my cynicism, but I think I know why.
These little judges really, really, want to be appointed Supremes.  So
they aren't likely to rule in a fashion which will threaten the
potential interests of a current or future US president.  Since the
natural goal of government is to accrue power, there seems to be a
safe prediction of what those future interests will be.

Lyle		Transarc		707 Grant Street
412 338 4474	The Gulf Tower		Pittsburgh 15219