How about a pgp RFC...

If you've followed the PEM working group in recent years, you may
have come to the conclusion as I have that it is not going anywhere,
and probably never will.

In an effort to make e-mail crypto more wide spread, I suggest we
draw up an internet-draft on the PGP message format, and the
algorithms used to send and receive messages.

At the moment I can think of nothing PEM can do that PGP cant.
Granted there are problems scaling the web-of-trust model, but PGP
is also capable of using a top down model (really just a subset of
the web model).

One thing such a draft is sure to do is send a clear signal to the
PEM group that they must either start swimming or sink.

brad