Re: FIDOnet encryption (or lack thereof)

Mike Godwin writes:
 > My question is this: how does he know that the mail is encrypted if he's
 > not examining the mail that passes through his system? If he *is*
 > examining the mail that passes through his system, it seems likely that he
 > is violating the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.

With UNIX it's quite simple to grep for "-----BEGIN PGP
MESSAGE-----"... and ditch messages that match.

I guess one could also run the incoming mail through a spell-checker
and reject messages with greater than %99 failure rate.

Neither of these require actual examination of the message by a human,
neither reveal content of a message to a human.