Re: FIDONet Mail filtering - a course of action

According to L. Detweiler:

> As for what *we* can do, well, if premier cyberspatial laywer Mike
> Godwin considers himself a hardcore cypherpunk, I'd expect that a
> letter on EFF stationary would have a pretty significant effect. It
> wouldn't have to be hostile or intimidating, just something along the
> tone of `please join the cyberspatial community and your concerned
> peers.' It could mention the strict legal significance of the ECPA --
> that a strong case can be made that *any* filtering is in violation of
> it, and that one cannot screen encrypted mail without breaking it. In
> fact, ideally the letter would be general enough to give to anyone who
> is engaged in unwholesome activities along the same lines.

Well, I have no ethical problems with giving out the guy's name...

> Hee, hee, though I'd say the actual letter would be worth a coveted
> L.D. Cypherpunk of the Week award <g>  I'm just waiting for an excuse
> to give M.G. one. I don't think everyone realizes how lucky we are to
> have him and Gilmore in the same room with us!

We are indeed lucky people.  There are a lot of "quality people" on this list.
I am very gratefull to all of you.

J. Michael Diehl   ;^)  |*The 2nd Amendment is there in case the
[email protected]   | Government forgets about the 1st!  <RL>
[email protected]  |*God is a good Physicist, and an even
    .fidonet.org        | better Mathematician.  <Me>
[email protected]|*I'm just looking for the opportunity to
 (505) 299-2282 (voice) | be Politically Incorrect! <Me>
Can we impeach him yet? |*Protected by 18 USC 2511 and 18 USC 2703.
PGP Key = 7C06F1 = A6 27 E1 1D 5F B2 F2 F1  12 E7 53 2D 85 A2 10 5D