Re: FIDONet Mail filtering - a course of action

Lance writes:

> As for what *we* can do, well, if premier cyberspatial laywer Mike
> Godwin considers himself a hardcore cypherpunk, I'd expect that a
> letter on EFF stationary would have a pretty significant effect.

This is a possibility, but perhaps we could do something subtler. I
suggest that someone forward my cypherpunk-list letters to this sysop
along with my phone number (202-347-5400) and let the guy know that he can
call me to discuss the possible legal liability he is creating for
himself.

Outside of the issue of passing encrypted information, it seems common
among Fido sysops to screen for other kinds of content. That can be
way uncool, legally.

--Mike