Re: NPR?

On Sun, 3 Oct 1993, L. Detweiler wrote:

> >Has anyone considered forwarding and/or send NPR an information packet to
> >help bring the encryption/clipper issues to the general public, or is that
> >looked upon as a bad idea?
>
> I think I may have called them once. didn't get a call back.
                     ^^^^^^

They do have a mail address via AOL, and IMHO are not biased towards anything
except the left wing. Getting them to discuss the Clipper/Crypto issue on the
science program could help get it out in the open in a positive manner,
rather than waiting for someone to have his equipment/life seized, or some
other such thing making it's way into the mainstream, and thus causing the
general public to be biased towards the government (which is what we don't
want).

Christian Void /T71 | "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I | VMResearch, Inc.
[email protected]    | ever had anything to do with it." | P.O. Box 170213
Tel. 1+415-807-5491 |  -Erwin Schrodinger  (1887-1961)  | SF, CA  94117
                * PGP v2.3a Public Key Available Via Finger *