Re: secure phone quest

Marc Horowitz writes:
| >> Also How about a half duplex secure voice link for the internet?  Heck
| >> you could call anyone up if they are logged in and were equipped, crypto
| >> optional.
|
| If you have a Sparc or a DEC, there's a program called "vat" whcih
| does this, full-duplex over IP.  Unfortunately, I don't remember where
| to get it (lbl?), and archie isn't responding.

vat is available from ftp.ee.lbl.gov.  There's no source at the moment
but there are binaries for different architectures.  (And the dynamically
linked SunOS 4.1.x versions do work for Solaris 2.x)

vat is intended for use as a IP multicast multi-user chat program, but I
believe that it is useable for point-to-point communication also.  Using
it for IP Multicast may require kernel patches (depending on your OS).

[I have no connection with vat other than I use it for MBONE stuff
 here at Washington University]

--
Bryan D. O'Connor                            Internet: [email protected]
Software Engineer, wuarchive development        UUCP: ...!uunet!wuarchive!bryan