Enough already!

Has everyone on this list lost their minds?  Can't someone give
a well-intentioned piece of advice without getting bogged down
in a ten-day flame war?  I don't think anyone here questions
the integrity of the EFF.  They were trying to help by giving
the names of those outlaw GIFs.  What's the big deal?

If there's someone smoking a cigarette on the subway platform
and I see a cop coming, I'll tip the person off.  Common courtesy.
(I'm not saying this is the exact same thing that the EFF is doing,
just making an analogy.)  Why blow this all out of proportion?

Please do your part to save bandwidth and keep S/N as high as
possible.  If you're going to harangue people, do it via private
email.  Probably 40% of cypherpunk posts in the last few weeks
have been stupid bickering that never should have started and
probably persuaded quite a few people to unsubscribe besides.

There's no need to let everyone on the list know about every
tiny disagreement you have with someone's opinion.  Especially
when that person clearly has the best of intentions.

Maybe we SHOULD make people pay to post the list.

-Mr. Funn