Re: Start up costs and paying for speech...

On cypherpunks, Peter Wayner <[email protected]> writes:

> Each month, the
> smartest and wittiest would be taxed and their
> success redistributed to the new and the
> epistolarily challenged.
>

> Ack... I don't know if digital money is such a
> great idea. A worl d without it seems so free.

I wouldn't worry about either.  I don't see how enforcement of
copyright will be possible under crypto-anarchy any more than
taxation will be.  If one person pays for a posting, what's to keep
him from sharing it anonymously with whomever he wants?  Is there any
way that crypto-anarcy won't bring the death of "intellectual
property"?

Joe