Re: FIDONet Mail filterin

> > J >So how do I prevent what happened to SJG, killer, etc from happening
> > J >to me?  How do I prevent the LE types from showing up one day and
> > J >saying 'hey, did you know there's a meg of kiddie porn on your
> > J >machine and we're taking it all away'?

Well, keeping things encrypted helps, especially backup disks -
one site was being generally harassed and may be convicted because of
possible child pornography that the sysop had deleted but was still on
backup floppies in his re-use bin.  (Police got a 15-year-old kid to log in
for them and find some adult material, but dropped that attempt
probably because it would have been thrown out as entrapment;
the child-porn gave them a much nastier charge to use to steal the computer.)

Perry> Censoring your users mail will not lower your risk, so why do it?

On the other hand, making sure your users *have* email on the system,
especially mail in transit to other systems, is good protection,
since the ECPA limits what they can do with it.