German "NSA" has a Clipper plan too? + News of German conf.

More int'l. news of some interest.

**** Begin Forwarded message ****

From: Reiner Perivolaris <[email protected]>
Subject: CCC'93 and You ...
To: [email protected]
Date: 	Fri, 8 Oct 1993 13:23:34 -0700
Re-To: [email protected]

The plan of the Clinton administration for the ISDN-Net (?!)
will be a part of a workshop or a own theme and the fight for
private cryptos (eg. PGP), include the trouble of P. Zimmerman.
The 'Clipper/Skipjack'-Chip can/will be a theme, because storys
are "on their way", that german BSI (*my* translation:Federal
Office for Security of Informationsystems) and the TELEKOM
(Telephoncompany) have a plan like the NSA.

Where all this and more? At the CCC'93 (10. Chaos Communication
Congress 1993).

         27. -29. Dec. 1993

         Eidelstedter Buergerhaus
         Alte Elbgaustr. 12
         Hamburg-Eidelstedt
         Germany

         Address:      CCC e.V.
                       (Orga-CCC'93)
                       Schwenckestr. 85
                       20255 Hamburg
                       Germany

I am one of the guys who organize this workshop and the congress.
We are reading 'comp.org.eff.news', 'comp.org.eff.talk' and other
information we can get.
But only to talk about the EFF *we thing* is not enough. It would
be nice, if members of Your organization will be there and have
the chance to explain what EFF is doing. And when You get new
members *we hope so* it will be good for Your movement and the
'global village'.

**** End Forwarded Message ****

--
-=> [email protected] <=-
Stanton McCandlish     Electronic Frontier Foundation Online Activist & SysOp